Energy Management is here to conserve energy by identifying opportunities to be more efficient and to work with building coordinators, staff, and students to use best practices while strengthening the overall mission of OUHSC.
We benchmark and track energy use and cost data to identify, analyze, and help prioritize opportunities to save. Past projects include; the College of Nursing LED retrofit, steam pipe insulation numerous locations on campus, infrared thermography inspection of electrical systems the majority of buildings on campus, and regularly work with Utility Controls on building automation modernization projects at numerous buildings on campus.
We welcome suggestions for ways to save. So if you have a recommendation or questions please let us know.
Also, if you have a venue and would like this topic presented please reach out to the campus Energy Manager Austin Kamphaus, X30882
- Turn off light when space is not being used
- Adjust lighting to your needs during the day if it is too bright
- Use task lighting where feasible
- Unplug phone chargers when not in use
- Turn off printers, copiers and fax machines at the end of day
- Close fume hood sashes when not in use
- Keep exterior doors closed and report any that does not close properly
- Report any air leaks in windows
- Report leaking faucets or pipes to Facilities Management at 271-2121
Thanks for doing your part to conserve!